Field Engineering Technologist at Civica - Job Vacancy in 2018
Field Engineering Technologist Civica April 2018 . when you hunting for work opportunities, you have come to the best place. Here we have employment should be alluring for you. Do not let this prospect down because, it is must be a wonderful chance to be employ by good company. Surely you must want it for the growth of your work in many line of work. Pay attention to all of the procedures so you would get great result that you wish for. You can surely trust Civica to give you brilliant result in your work to raise your value in the field of expertise. Here is all of the condition needed for this Field Engineering Technologist career.
Field Engineering Technologist April 2018
Civica Infrastructure Inc. (Civica) is a municipal water resources engineering consulting company located in Vaughan, Ontario. We provide consulting services to both private and public sectors for storm and sanitary sewer capacity assessment and optimization.
We are looking for an engineering technologist intern to assist with flow monitoring and inflow and infiltration reduction projects. Our field technologists receive comprehensive training in Confined Space Entry, Traffic Control, Working at Heights, First Aid, flow and rainfall monitor operation and maintenance, and sanitary sewer evaluation surveys (e.g. fog testing, dye testing, CCTV).
We will consider recent graduates in the following programs: civil/mechanical engineering, mechatronics, water/wastewater technology, environmental technology, or related fields of study. Our interns receive valuable experience and training which contribute to their future careers.
The position may include travel across Southern Ontario and occasional work during evenings and weekends.
Civica is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requirements
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Recently graduated from an Ontario college or university (within the last 3 years)
- Willingness to work in the field, in confined spaces, and in adverse weather conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with the public
- Valid Ontario G driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Customer service experience, working with the public
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Confined Space Entry (CSE) certification
- Traffic Control (Book 7) certification
- Working at Heights certification
- Standard First Aid certification
- Conduct work within sanitary/storm manholes in a safe, effective manner (Confined Space and Working at Heights training)
- Understand and safely use equipment including (but not limited to) tripod w/ SRL, gas meter, smoke generating machines, Diesel truck while pulling dye trailer, and water pumping equipment
- Drive safely and follow road regulations as per MTO, particularly when driving to work sites located on city streets/highways
- Understand and have a basic knowledge of safe practices and proper use of safety equipment when working in spaces that affect vehicular traffic (Traffic Control training)
- Clean and complete basic maintenance (check tire pressure, fluid levels, etc.) and inspections (circle checks, fluid drip checks) on work vehicles as well as on safety equipment and hand/power tools
- Manage on-site equipment installation/maintenance/calibration/inspection tasks
- Complete on-site clerical work including photographs, videos, and distribution of literature
- Be familiar with power tools and basic construction practices (Using a drill, mixing cement, etc.)
- Conduct fog and dye tests
- Carry necessary equipment (&
lt; 60lbs) from office/storage to vehicle Work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules (e.g., evenings, weekends, night shifts, extended hours, etc). Follow all company safety and working procedures Be willing to work in inclement weather conditions Thoroughly document site conditions and work being completed, and produce daily reports of inspections completed Work independently and/or without supervision, and co-operate and work with fellow technicians Please submit a cover letter with your resume. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
Make sure you send your complete resume as soon as possible to boost your odds in getting Field Engineering Technologist that we offer here. Understand the requirement entirely so you will be sure that this chance is the best one for you. As Civica is the exceptional company in the field they surely want the best, so you should also propose yourself as best as you can. If you think that this career opportunity that we recommend here does not appropriate for you, we still have extra openings in that you can see in our web right away.
Posted at 2018-02-22 20:37 Apply
Apply Job Online x
Enter your name and your primary email address to get latest job informations from JobsSpaces.com to your mail.
Report Job x
If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report via this form. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Third Party web service.