Information Commissioner Job Vacancy in Canada - Governor in Council Appointments Recruitment 2018
Information Commissioner Governor in Council Appointments Canada March 2018 - For the reason that company continues to grow, Governor in Council Appointments being open to innovation in addition to new ideas this helped him keep ahead in the industry. The employees of Governor in Council Appointments have different opportunities to participate in development programs themselves both professionally and personally and also get instruction from the leaders Governor in Council Appointments. Governor in Council Appointments believes how the best way to develop enterprise is to help personnel grow and optimise their potential. If you are interested in a career together with Governor in Council Appointments, then the is your best chance to achieve it. Governor in Council Appointments will work Information Commissioner Canada to obtain qualified candidates to get employment with the adhering to requirements.
Information Commissioner March 2018
Governor in Council Appointments Canada
Information Commissioner, Office of the Information Commissioner, Appointment Opportunity We know that our country is stronger — and our government more effective — when decision-makers reflect Canada's diversity. Moving forward, the Government of Canada will use an appointment process that is transparent and merit-based, strives for gender parity, and ensures that Indigenous Canadians and minority groups are properly represented in positions of leadership. We will continue to search for Canadians who reflect the values that we all embrace: inclusion, honesty, fiscal prudence, and generosity of spirit. Together, we will build a government as diverse as Canada. The Government of Canada is currently seeking applications from diverse and talented Canadians from across the country who are interested in the following position: Information Commissioner (full-time position) Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada
Salary Range: $315,300
Position Location: National Capital Region
The Government has committed to setting a higher bar for openness and transparency and rebuilding trust in public institutions.
Meeting the expectations of Canadians in the 21 st century requires more than “business as usual”. The Government will deliver results and real change, while maintaining and enhancing Canadians' confidence and trust in the integrity of the Government's decision-making.
As the Information Commissioner, you will promote and safeguard a critical part of the public sector's core values and ethics. The Commissioner is an independent Agent of Parliament who, through the Access to Information Act :
- Conducts efficient, fair and confidential investigations into complaints about federal institutions’ handling of access to information requests
- Provides arms-length oversight of the federal government’s access to information practices
- Encourages and assists federal institutions to adopt approaches to information-sharing that meet the objectives of the Act, and advocates for greater access to information in Canada and
- Reports to Parliament on the activities of the office.
In your role as Commissioner, you will work in collaboration with other senior public leaders and around the world, in a professional and non-partisan manner. You will lead a dynamic team of experts to fulfill the important responsibilities of this pillar of the Government’s ethical regime.
The Commissioner holds office for a seven-year term and is eligible to be re-appointed for a further term not exceeding seven years.
Further details about the organization and its activities can be found on the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada's website .
Review of applications will begin on July 14, 2017
. Candidates must apply online via the Governor in Council Appointments website . Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by this date. After this date, your application will be retained and may be considered up until an appointment to the position is made. Your cover letter should be addressed to the Assistant Secretary to the Cabinet (Senior Personnel), Privy Council Office, and should be sent only through the online application.
Diversity The Government of Canada will consider diversity in assessing candidates for this position. Preference may be given to candidates who are members of one or more of the following groups: women, Indigenous Canadians, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. To be considered for this position, please provide examples from your career that clearly demonstrate how you meet the following requirements in your application:
Education and Experience
If you are selected for an interview, the following criteria will be assessed:
- A degree from a recognized university in a relevant field of study such as law, ethics or public administration, or a combination of equivalent education, training and/or experience
- Significant management experience, at the senior executive level, in a private or public sector organization
- Significant experience in an oversight function with decision-making authority having an impact or influence over other organizations
- Comprehensive experience in managing investigation activities
- Experience in representing an organization, communicating and consulting at a senior level with a broad range of stakeholders, policy and decision makers, as well as the media and
- Familiarity with federal or provincial Access to Information legislation and application would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy frameworks:
- federal Access to Information Act and provincial access to information legislation, in particular the mandate, role and responsibilities of organizations, responsible for administering and interpreting legislative and policy frameworks that support transparent and accountable government
- legislative and policy frameworks governing openness and transparency in government, including the Conflict of Interest Act , the Privacy Act , and the various values and ethics codes for federal public office holders and
- legal principles, procedures and practices involved in conducting an investigation, particularly as they relate to evidence, legal interpretation and natural justice.
- Understanding of the context in which the Commissioner works:
- the Westminster system of parliamentary government and the work of parliamentary committees and
- the role of an agent of Parliament and the relationship with Parliament and the Government.
- Leadership acumen:
- ability to lead and manage a public sector organization and to define its strategies and objectives
- ability to guide the interpretation of provisions of various statutes, regulations, policies and other enabling frameworks and
- ability to analyze differing opinions and complex situations with a view to taking sound decisions that are reasonable and fair.
- Strong communicator:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Language Requirements Proficiency in both official languages (as set out in the Language Skills Act ).
Eligibility Factors and Conditions of Employment In your application, it will be important that you confirm you meet the following requirements:
If you are appointed to this position:
- The Language Skills Act requires that upon appointment the Commissioner must be able to speak and understand clearly both official languages.
- The Access to Information Act requires that the Commissioner shall engage exclusively in the duties of the office of Information Commissioner under this or any other Act of Parliament and shall not hold any other office under Her Majesty for reward or engage in any other employment for reward.
- You reside in or are willing to relocate to the National Capital Region or to a location within reasonable commuting distance.
- You are willing to travel across Canada and internationally.
You must comply with the Ethical and Political Activity Guidelines for Public Office Holders throughout your appointment, as a term and condition of employment. The guidelines are available on the Governor in Council Appointments website, under Forms and reference material .
You will be subject to the Conflict of Interest Act . Public office holders appointed on a full–time basis must submit to the Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, within 60 days of appointment, a confidential report in which they disclose all of their assets, liabilities and outside activities. For more information, please visit the Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner's website .
Personal Attributes If you move on to the next stage of the selection process, we will contact your references and conduct other assessments as required to verify how you have demonstrated the experience and eligibility requirements, as well as the following attributes, in your current and recently held positions:
- Strong ethical standards
- Sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills
A link to this notice will be placed in the Canada Gazette to assist the Governor in Council in identifying qualified candidates for this position. It is not, however, intended to be the sole means of recruitment.
A roster of qualified candidates may be established and may be used for similar opportunities.
Surely you want to be hired by Governor in Council Appointments that is why you must get ready everything ahead of time. Not only to get ready your CV, but also your physical condition in working with the requirement system ahead. Make sure you are in your marvelous situation, have plenty of rest, and read all data needed based on your job condition. Governor in Council Appointments will only hire the best of everyone, thus you need to make sure that you can complete their condition. then do not have any hesitation and mail your CV now. We also give many other occupation from Governor in Council Appointments in different city that you can see out.
Apply Job Online x
Enter your name and your primary email address to get latest job informations from JobsSpaces.com to your mail.
Report Job x
If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report via this form. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Third Party web service.
Coordonnateur ou coordonnatrice aquatique Ville de Montréal Montréal 2018-02-21 21:10
Vous coordonnez et surveillez le travail d'un groupe de sauveteurs tout en veillant à la propreté et au bon ordre des lieux, à la disponibilité des équipements...
Cashier Rona Montréal 2018-02-21 22:51
Operate cash terminal, handle checks, debit cards, credit cards and air miles; Ensure each cashier has the necessary items to accomplish their tasks (cash...
Advisor, Privacy Protection and Information Manage.. Via Rail Montréal 2018-02-21 18:47
Bachelor's degree in public affairs, business administration, law, social sciences, access to information and privacy or information management, and/or relevant...
Directeur Génie Manufacturier Volvo Group Saint-Eustache 2018-02-21 18:42
Dans un rôle à la fois stratégique et tactique permettant d’optimiser les systèmes de production en vue de satisfaire les clients et de rencontrer les cibles...
Secrétaire médicale - Optometriste Optik Farhat Montréal 2018-02-21 18:44
Nous sommes à la recherche de candidates proactive et enthousiase pour se joindre à notre équipe Optik Farhat....
AGENT ADMINISTRATIF, CLASSE 1 – SYSTÈME DE TRANSPORT AUTOMATISÉ CHUM Montréal 2018-02-21 22:36
Détenir un diplôme de fin d’études collégiales (DEC) en Technique de la logistique et du transport reconnue par le Ministère de l'Éducation de l’Enseignement...
Adjoint administratif Morneau Shepell Montréal 2018-02-21 19:05
Morneau Shepell est la première entreprise de son secteur à recevoir la certification Entreprise en santé – Élite dans la province de Québec....
Préposé(e) à la sécurité Collège Ahuntsic Montréal 2018-02-21 21:06
Relevant de l'adjoint administratif au Service de la sécurité et de la prévention, la personne occupant l’emploi d'agent de sécurité accomplit divers travaux...
Coordonnateur (trice) affaires publiques et communications Boralex Montréal 2018-02-21 17:33
Travailler sur de multiples projets te stimule, tu es un joueur d’équipe et tu as le désir de travailler au sein d’une entreprise forte de ses valeurs humaines...
Secrétaire de direction Ville de Montréal Montréal 2018-02-21 21:11
La Ville de Montréal applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques...
Agent(e) de prévention et à la sécurité Collège Ahuntsic Montréal 2018-02-21 21:06
Relevant de l'adjoint administratif au Service de la sécurité et de la prévention, la personne occupant l’emploi d'agent de prévention et à la sécurité effectue...
Coordonnateur recrutement universitaire Pomerleau Montréal 2018-02-21 18:39
Participer à la planification et à la mise en œuvre de nouvelles stratégies de recrutement universitaire tout en développant d’excellentes relations avec les...
AIDE GENERAL / AIDE GENERALE Compass Group Canada Montréal 2018-02-21 20:07
Sous la direction de la directrice et des ajointes, l’aide général(e)/ effectue tous les travaux d’assistance relatifs à la production des mets, à l’entretien...
Bookkeeper-Administrative Assistant Equisoft Montréal 2018-02-21 19:54
Nous offrons des solutions novatrices et une expertise spécialisée qui couvrent tous les aspects de la fidélisation de l’audience, la gestion des abonnements,...
Junior QA Analyst Valtech Canada Montréal 2018-02-21 20:08
As the QA specialist, you will partner up with the project team to ensure that we deliver on client expectations and specifications:....
Plongeur et aide cuisinier BIAGGI'S BAR + TRATTORIA Saint-Jérôme 2018-02-21 17:46
Le Resto Bar Biaggi's de St-Jerome est a la recherche des plongeurs a temps plein.et de busboys. SVP apporter votre CV en persone au restaurant....
Chef d'équipe de production alimentaire GardaWorld Montréal 2018-02-21 20:31
GardaWorld Services de placement propose des opportunités d’emploi chez ses clients en temporaire et permanent dans plusieurs domaines tels que le service à la...
Réceptionniste Vision7 International Montréal 2018-02-21 20:09
La mission prioritaire du ou de la titulaire de ce poste sera d’apporter en tout temps un service clientèle supérieur aux visiteurs qui entrent dans l’édifice,...
Senior Associate, CMAAS PwC Montréal 2018-02-21 19:06
We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual...
Commis magasinier (temporaire) GardaWorld Montréal 2018-02-21 20:31
Plus de 62.000 professionnels hautement qualifiés et dévoués travaillent au service des clients en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, en Europe, en Afrique,...